1st in Fuerteventura World Cup

1st place in Fuerteventura World Cup!

After a full day waiting for the challenges of the double elimination, today the time came and I felt ready for it, the wind was not as strong as the other days and it felt good not to be overpowered on my Ion 5.5m.
My challenger was the polish rider Karolina Winskowska, she defeated Gisela Pulido with solid and powerful riding giving her a 5X0 decision. But today I had my game on and performed well in these extreme conditions here in Fuerteventura, I landed my usual tricks plus a frontmobe and a blind judge switch, that also gave me a 5X0 decision against Karo. I'm very satisfied considering the 5.5m is a super fast and tricky size :)

Today was suppose to be about celebration but unfortunately one of us got injured, Kevin Langaree landed on a chop after a trick coming in and his knee popped out of place, injuring his ligaments. I really feel for him, this is a nightmare for us athletes, but he's is an amazing rider and a very determined person so I believe he'll be back soon to fight for his title. Kev I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon on the next comps!

Now it's Skymaster's time, today we did a few very fun heats, the device is attached to our boards and it measures the hight you reach on the jumps, of course there were tricks to gain extra hight like pulling your legs up when reaching the top, but the best was Sebastian Garat, that actually kicked his board up and gained a few meters more :) And tomorrow there's more big air!

5 comments:

guiga said...

irado!!!! parabéns ......

luna said...

Ai sim brubru = )

Elk, Valinhos said...

Parabens bruna!Sensacional!

Anonymous said...

Representou a comunidade!
Valeu menina!!!

Detlef said...

Congatulations!
We hope to see you again
in Cumbuco in Oct./Nov.

Post a Comment