Pkra season kicks off!

Dakhla delivered again and for the second time I won the event here in Morroco! This spot is very special, it's location says it all, on the middle of the Sahara desert, as you approach to land on the tiny airport all you see is very few lights so far away from each other that makes you wonder what they are doing standing there all alone on the middle of the darkness.

Very quiet that spots gives you a lot of time to think, to be away from everything, internet, technology, feels like a detox and I love it, it brings me back to my essence and helps me concentrate.

The event had a couple of days with no wind, we only finished the singles on the 3rd day, on the semi finals I met Karolina Winkowska on a very exiting heat, one of the hardess of the entire comp, to then win against Asia Litwin on the final.

For the doubles was a long and anxious way since the wind on the last day was quite shady, too a long time to kick in and extremely light, no competitor likes to ride in such light winds since it's impossible to perform powerful quality tricks, twice my final with Karolina which had climbed from 3rd to 2nd place was canceled half way thru due to light winds. When we were about to pack our kites away the wind blew a bit stronger and there we were on the water again, luckily it kept building up and by the time we have the finals it was suitable for an 11m. I managed to wind and keep my spot on the top of the podium and won the first event of the season! Exiting times :)

For next year this event promises to have an increase of 50% on prize money!! Hopefully other events will follow that initiative and help our sport grow.





No comments:

Post a Comment