Ragnarok!

As the event in France wrapped up I stepped down the podium straight into a car for my long journey to the notorious Red Bull Ragnarok. It seems fairly close and yet took me 16 long hours to get there, by the time I reached the little village of Haugustol all covered in snow I was ready to fall straight into a warm bed.

The only hotel on the village hosts most of the 200 participants that take part on this endurance race, no need to say that the Hotel was packed with people and that nice sleep had to be postponed since the after parties took place on the kitchen of our apartment.

The atmosphere is really good, loads of people super amped to have a good time on the mountain, push their limits and share experiences.

This was my very first time snowkiting and I loved it, it puts together two sports that I'm passionate about, kitesurfing and snowboarding. It requires a different fitness from kiteboarding and I soon felt that after 20 minutes of pure thigh burning. Also rigging and de rigging is a totally different deal, I must say the gloves don't really speed things up when doing your lines, and once you're done riding instead of shaking your kite to clean off the sand you do it to clean the odd the snow.

The feeling of being able to climb the highest mountain with a kite the ride down full speed is amazing, it brings an adventurous spirit on me :)

I really loved the experience, here's some pics from this amazing weekend on the snow!









3 comments:

Milla Ferreira said...

haha shooowww as fotooss !! boa sorte pros doiss !!

Wesley Fourie said...

I'm really hoping to do this event next year. seems like it's growing every year and just the sort of event to get me exploring a different avenue of kiting. maybe see you there next year

Ocean Vagabond Dakhla said...

We loved watching you ripping it in Dakhla, we cant wait to see the video of your kirst snowkiting trip!

Post a Comment